Here’s a quick update from the beat up cyclist:
- So far I have done 320 miles and about to leave Florida
- I have discovered that touring on a bike is far different than my typical 25 mile ride/sprint of past
- Since I ride 50 to 75 miles per day I have to really pace it. Slow down an stay out of red zone
- Saddle sores are a constant pain in the backside…do you ever adjust? Lots of hurt here
- And then camp life takes lots of energy. Jane does incredible job of setting up every day but I still pitch in
Ok, enough whining.
Time to just go kick up some dust!
2 thoughts on “Update from the Beat-up Cyclist”
Stay strong! Enjoy the pain! You’ll have time to relax when your back working your boring 9-5! Keep having a blast!
Song from the 70s… “Take it easy!, take it easy!. Don’t let the sound from your own wheels drive you crazy.”.
Just constantly tell yourself ” I’m too old for this”. It will help you slow down.
You could go buy a big fat padded, spring supported saddle! Or put some weight back on your bony behind.